Sunday, October 11, 2009

Supporting is always in fashion!


October 18th, 7:30am will mark another HIV/AIDS walk in Philadelphia. Get involved! Donate whatever you can, because it does make a difference. Over 30,000 people are living with AIDS within our Region. And with obvious economic reasoning, alot of people can't afford the prices of their health care. Although Obama is trying to put the pieces back together for the health care reform, fundraisers need our help more than any other year. I have yet to donate, but I will (whatever I can). Just a few days ago I donated to Breast Cancer Awareness, wasn't much .. but that's not the point. Participate in the walk, I'm registering .. this will be my first time, but definitely not my last.

• Since 1981, over 600,000 Americans have died of AIDS.


• Every 9 1/2 minutes, someone in the U.S becomes infected with HIV.
• Approximately 20% of people infected with HIV do not know it.
• According to the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphians are being infected with HIV at a rate MORE THAN 50% higher than residents of New York City.
• The rate of infection in Philadelphia is FIVE times the national average.• About half of the 1.2 million people living with HIV in the U.S are not receiving medical care.

My site is not only about fashion, music, events and entertainment. Its about whatever I believe should be shared further. And in hopes of this post, I hope to see alot more people my age at this walk. It is important, broaden your horizons <3

No comments:

Post a Comment